Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Part 1 - Introduction


RECOLLECTIN'

"Its about my raisin'
"

I haven't done any posts to this site for some time. I've been thinking about starting a different thing with this blog. Then I remembered a thing that I started while I was working in Athens, GA in 1997,98 & 99. Then I added more to it about 8 years ago and it has lay dormant since that time.

So! I will post portions of my "Recollectin'" from time to time. I'd like to get some feedback from readers to let me know what you think.

RECOLLECTIN'


INTRODUCTION

I began writing the following ramblings back in 1997, 1998 and in 1999, while working in Athens, GA. This incorporates the seventy-two years of my life, as I recall them. Some readers may think that my memory plays tricks on me as they may remember some instances differently from me. Other readers may know that my memory plays tricks on me, as I just may not remember some things precisely as they happened.

Anyway, if I am wrong in any of my memories, please advise me so I may correct them as I wish statements to be as nearly correct as possible.

I was born on September 16, 1937, in Millry, Washington County, Alabama, in the house where I was reared, and now own. My parents were J.(Joseph) Sam (Samuel) and Leanora Forest Wright Wood. I had two sisters, Claire Louise, 9 years older, and Sylvia Aliece, 8 years older, and a brother, James Joseph, 6 years older. Joe was originally named James Joseph Wood. Mother and Daddy wanted to name me James Andrew Wood, after my Grandfathers, James Lee Wright and Andrew Jackson Wood. Therefore, they changed Joe's name to Joseph Samuel Wood, Jr.







No comments: